Rights & Responsibilities
- You will be treated as an individual and will be given courtesy and respect at all times.
- You have the right to be treated confidentially.
- Respect for religious, social and cultural beliefs will be honoured.
- You will be given a choice in your treatment and included in decisions about your care and you will be encouraged to give feedback.
- If your case is urgent you will able to see a doctor on the same day.
- On registering as a new patient you will be offered a health check with the practice nurse.
- If your doctor believes you need a specialist opinion then they will offer you a choice of provider through the Choose and Book system where this is available. You will be given a unique identifying number and a password during the consultation. Please contact the given telephone number within the required timescale to make your appointment.
- We ask that you treat our doctors and staff with courtesy and respect. Please remember that our staff are working under doctors’ orders.
- The first couple of hours of the morning can be extremely busy. Please keep telephone calls brief and if at all possible leave routine calls until later in the day.
- Please request test results via administration requests through AccuRx, but if you do not have access to the internet call reception between 11:30 – 15:30.
- Please attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice if you wish to cancel - someone else will most likely use that appointment. We really do not want you to be one of the Did Not Attend statistics on our electronic notice board.
- An appointment is for one person only - where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made.
- If you change your address, name, telephone number, mobile number or email address please let us know immediately. It does affect how we contact you regarding potential referral letters etc. and may mean a delay in your care.
- Please allow 48 hours for your medication request to be completed in order for us to allow for accurate prescribing.