We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and dynamic qualified Dispenser to join our busy and friendly team at Long Bennington Medical Centre working a minimum of 25 hours per week, between 8.00am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday, but up to 37.5 hours per week to cover holidays and sickness. Additional cover will be for at least 20 weeks per year.
The position requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates:
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- excellent customer service skills
- a methodical approach to detailed work with a high attention to detail
- an aptitude to remain calm in stressful situations
- ability to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
- the ability to provide flexibility in the absence of colleagues
We welcome applicants currently working in a Pharmacy, as training and support will be provided to enable you to become familiar with processes in a GP Dispensary.
Previous experience and knowledge of SystmOne clinical software would be an advantage, however full training on this system will be provided.
As a Dispenser, you will be responsible for ensuring that patients receive a friendly, attentive and professional service. The Dispenser’s core duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Processing prescriptions and accurately dispensing medicines to patients
- Liaising with the Dispensary Manager/GP lead for Prescribing regarding safe prescribing/processes
- Labelling and dispensing of medications
- Assisting patients face to face and resolving queries
- Ordering stock and maintaining stock control
- General day to day dispensary housekeeping and administrative duties
- Maintaining the standard of the Dispensing Services Quality Scheme (DSQS)
You must have a NVQ Level 2 in pharmacy/dispensing services.
Closing Date: Sunday 16th September 2018
Interviews: Monday 1st October 2018
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this post early should we receive a significant number of satisfactory applications.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to be invited for interview. CV's will not be accepted.
To apply click HERE. This will take you to the NHS Jobs website.